Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...

I just picked up a 72 hardtop with apparently an 83 302. C4 tranny? i beleive? Just wondering what type of carb i have so i can search on how to dial it in. And wondering how to set the idle as it idle's high. I was told it was a 600 holley?

Car has a 4 barrel on it ... works well.. starts idles no problem... drives fine aswell.. may be a little lean as it cuts out if i floor it. Right behind the thorottle theres what looks like a choke idle control or something? It has a black wire going to nowhere and looks like it would hold the thorottle open when cold or something?.... If i push the butterfly back with my hand the idle comes down but i dont see anything stopping it from coming back? sorry if this is just a big ramble ...

Stats on the idle... sits around 1200 or so... choke valve is open* and beleive its mechanical as it closes if you touch the thorottle when the motor is off ( ignition too)

ALSO... Both valve covers have " powered by ford" on them... what year would those be off of, so i can dial in what year the motor is.

Thanks, the name is James!

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!! post a pic of the carb and/or give the numbers off of it to idenify....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
numbers off the top of the throttle body EBHF-9510CA
and list -50252-1

Side of the carb

F6HECA
A6A28

Says motocraft. So mauybe not a holley then? or were they in with ford in production?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i might decide on just buying a new edelbrock carb as they're not expensive at all.... as this one looks as though it may need alot of work..... What type of CFM should i be shooting for being that its a 302 500? 500?. It has an aluminum edelbrock intake already....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.