Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1972 Mustang coupe. The engine was a 250 straight six three speed manual transmission. I am in the process of switching the 250 straight six to a 302 small block V8, but I and having issues with the motor mounts and the brackets that are on the support bar. Do I need to get new brackets for the support bar? Please help need the car to be running by wedding on August 6!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using the original 3 speed manual transmission. (it has been rebuilt with new gears flywheel and clutch) Do you know of a website where I can buy the brackets the fit on the frame for the motor mounts?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited, National Parts Depot, CJ Pony Parts, Virginia Classic Mustangs, California Mustang, Macs Antique Auto Parts.... All those places have the mounts.

As for the rest of your swap, you're probably going to need a new driveshaft as well. The 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder cars had different length driveshafts for some reason. And you're certainly going to need a new bell housing for your transmission. The 6 cylinder cars had a smaller bell housing and a smaller clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.