Ford Mustang Forum banner

Did Daggenham Transmissions ever make a 3 speed for use in Ford Mustangs?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I Dont Know

• Cough Cough, What?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is my question to anyone that can help me. I am in the middle of a 3 speed to 4 speed swap in my 1972 Mustang Convertible with a 302. The toploader is date correct for my car. I bought a hurst competition plus shifter and correct installation kit for this application. I had to remove the clock from my console to allow full shifter travel into reverse, first, and 3rd grars. Hurst said that every once and a while, someone has that one car where things just dont work right. I happen to have one. Has anyone else had this problem and if they did, how did you solve it short of v notching the back of the shifter and bending it back then re welding? Anxiously awaiting a reply. Thanks in advance. Nick

·
Registered
329 Posts
I went from a 3spd to a 4spd and I had to re-route speedo cable change out speedo gear and that was about it. I was driving it a few hours later. I have an extra used 4 spd competion plus shifter with all the hardware post or pm me some pictures and I sure I can help. What was part # of shifter?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply 72 fastback. I posted some pictures earlier of my car and the transmissions during the swap in the gallery I think it was or 71-73 Mustangs. Anyway, I got the longer speedo cable, thats no problem. I don't have pictures of the inside of the car with shifter installed but here are the part numbers: Shifter, Hurst Competition Plus; #391-3180 (Jeggs). Shifter installation kit for same shifter from Hurst; #3737637. Hurst tech suggested I tried the Super street shifter I think it was. A smaller shaft straight up, no curve. No way. I won't. I know this was supposed to be a simple swap but it has turned into the swap from hell sort of. And to think, I'm paying a professional trans shop to do it to save my self the headache! LOL!:laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts