Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering of parts that I could bolt right on to my 1973 mustang 302. I realy dont want to have to pull the motor out to bolt things on.
Can anybody tell me a good list of parts I should start with. My motor is competly rebuilt and bored over a tad but I am not sure how mutch it is bored over I would have to look at the specs. I would just love to get more kick out of my mustang.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I'd begin with a low restriction dual exhaust system. Next concentrate on the intake side with a performance intake manifold and carb. Follow up with a good distributor and coil.

Cam changes, heads, nitrous oxide and even superchargers can be done with the engine installed. There are kits now available to do tons of mods without pulling the engine. If the pistons that you had installed are of the cast variety, supercharging and nitrous may not be a good choice. If they are cast hypereutectic (silica is added to the aluminum to harden it), modest doses of nitrous and low pressure supercharging can safely be done, but forged pistons would be the safest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.