Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have two 1973 mustang convertible's, a blue one with a 351C and matching numbers but in rough shape rust wise and no roof, the other is black, with the body in much better shape and a good roof but no engine. Should I drop the 351C in the much cleaner black car even though it would not have matching numbers? I will enjoy the car for a couple of months then sell it as I need the money. Looking for some opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
This is a tough one, on one side a matching number car is more valuable, on the other side, completing one car to enjoy and sell. And as fastford727 asked, what engine and trans goes into the cleaner one? Maybe consider the cost and time to complete both cars versus what they are worth, conv are usually in demand. Good Luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine is all matching numbers except I did take out the 3-spd for a T5 swap. If your going to do restore for quick return, I would personally go with the swap. But if your looking for maximum return keep it all the numbers matching.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Rex I love your fastback! First car I drove was my uncles '67 fastback, his had a 427 side oiler, but I always have liked small blocks better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the reply's everyone...the engine is a 351 Cleveland H code with the matching trans. One of my biggest problems on the all matching is the engine compartment is rusted in a lot of areas including the cowl area which as you all know is not an easy or quick fix.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I here you man, that is a s#$t ton of work! I would do the swap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks fastford727,
I think I'll go with your advise and swap into the cleaner of the two. Hopefully someone will decide to make a cowl for the 1973's soon.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Its hard to believe they dont have an aftermarket one after almost 40 yrs huh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts