Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low trying to locate the nylon upper door guide for my car. I'm now going to attempt to glue the broken one back together with hopes it will be strong enough to work again.
Does anyone know the best adhesive to use for nylon that will be in contact with the greasy grease that gets all over the window mechanism? I'm sure there has to be something that can be around petroleum products without weakening.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
go to a pull a part and look for any ford 2 door boat(ltd/continental/torino) and the passenger side will be new, the drivers' side is usually toast and yes they are interchangeable.This is how I found perfect ones and no one makes them yet that i am aware of. good hunting. Just try to find a knob for the seat back release...hehehehe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion! It can be a battle at times locating some of the craziest stuff we need for the 71-73's! I didn't know the LTD would be the same. I found a 73 LTD that the steering wheel looked the same as my Mustang but I am not sure if it's going to be interchangeable as my Mustang is non-power steering and I think that was standard on the LTD. I didn't see a crack one in it but it's in Colorado and I'm in TN so if I bought it, I really want to make sure it will workout first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts