Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the pic, you can see the tranny end of the Park Lock Out Rod just resting on the tailpipe in the foreground. Am I missing a piece? Where exactly does this attach at the tranny end?

(Other end attaches to a lever on the steering column. That's easy enuf and it's attached....the tranny end winds up where you see it. Front of car is to the left. The kickdown rod exits the pic around 9:00).

Does anyone have a '73 w/ a C4 they could snap a picture like this of? That would help tremendously!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
If it helps any, here's a drawing - from a site dealing mostly w/ Broncos - of the Lock Out Rod. Again, I'm looking to find out where/how I attach this to my (floor "T" shifter) auto C4 on a '72 / '73 C4 in the Mustang on the tranny end. The steering column end is a snap.

The drawing shows some linkage of some sort. I've no "spare" unused linkage of any kind looking for something to be attached to it on my C4 - see orig picture. It looks pretty much ready to go, until you place the end of the Park Lock Out Rod near it. Then it's like, "well, where does this hook up?"

Any tranny experts out there in AFM land?

Anyone know a good site for old C4 tranny parts - external, linkage type parts (that I envision I may (?) be missing.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts