Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the scenario, I have a 1974 Mustang II hatchback with a broken radio. Now heres the problem, I want to try and keep as much of it stock as I can, but at the same time I want to install a head unit with an amp and subs. I figure the smartest thing to do in this situation is to install the head unit into the glove compartment and keep the radio as is. Is this possible?? Will I be able to use all the basic wiring thats needed to connect the head unit to the battery, the head unit to the amp, and the amp to the subs? I can go without using the actual stock speakers in the car because I don't want to mess with the radio. How would you guys go about doing this? Thanks a ton for any help!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
You can contact Crutchfield or classic auto sound. They sell new reproduction head units with the I Pod, MP3, amp, subs and everything else you may need built into the back of the head unit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
this is the same way i felt i installed a after market radio in my glove box with all the original wiring from the stock radio(which i left in the dash) i have 2 12" woofer in my trunk with a amp i have a 77 ghia sport

1 - 4 of 4 Posts