Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a life long Mustang fan and always a II fan as it was my first car!

I had a 75 II hatchback 4cyl as my first car, followed by 3 different 302 powered cars, one bright orange and one with t-tops!(man I wish I still had them). I got rid of them years ago and have messed with other years since and still have a few first generation projects going one but have always wanted another II.

I have been hunting eBay and newspapers and Craigslist for years to find a V-8 with A/C and in good shape. As you all know they are hard to find. I finally came across my new II on eBay a few weeks back.

It is an all original 75 silver Ghia coupe with everything, p/s, p/b, a/c, clock, console, am/fm 8track, light group etc, moon roof and even had the original buck tag, jack and spare tire. The body has a small rust hole bottom left quarter and it has a bad repaint that is more surface rust than paint and it is not currently running but it is all there! The body is straight, no rust otherwise, all original glass and sheet metal!

Now of course it needs to be restored and I don't know why it's not running, it could be a starter or need a motor but I don't care, it's mine! After a small payment and 1200 mile drive it belongs to me!

I am always happy to save a Mustang and this will be my 18th that I have owned but this one is special and rare in the Mustang world so I wanted to share with everyone.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sounds like a cool project. Welcome back to the dysfunctional family of II owners. Good luck keep us up to date on your progress. :kooky:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Awesome! I also own a 1975 Mustang II Ghia. There's just something about how unique these cars are... I like having a car that is not common! Welcome back!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to be back in the II club! I will try and get some pics this weekend while I am working on it. I've changed the front brake rotors and pads and shocks so far and the spark plugs. Going to put a new coil and fuel pump on it and rebuild the carb then I have to drain the tank and we will see if it will start in probably another week or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts