Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i got a 1977 Ford Mustang 2 with a 302 5.0L V8, and was wondering what size engine I can put in it thats a bigger size. I was told a 351 would fit into it but I want to go big as I can get.

Also, I got the header on my 302, would I be able to move it over to the new engine? Or do I need a completely new header for the new size engine.

Pictures are to come, just trying to make it look decently good until I go showing the world :p

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hey guys, i got a 1977 Ford Mustang 2 with a 302 5.0L V8, and was wondering what size engine I can put in it thats a bigger size. I was told a 351 would fit into it but I want to go big as I can get.

Also, I got the header on my 302, would I be able to move it over to the new engine? Or do I need a completely new header for the new size engine.

Pictures are to come, just trying to make it look decently good until I go showing the world :p
you should be able to put a 351 stroked to a 400 cubic inch motor. You should be able to use your old headers. You will have to get a different oil pan and intake manifold. Everything else will be a direct swap.

G

·
Sandman, this has been covered ad nauseum in this forum, use the Forum Search.

Everything's been discussed, Inline-6s, 3.0L V6s, 3.8L V6s, 4.0L V6s, 2.3 Lima Turbo, 2.3 Mazda, 5.0EFI, 351w, 429, 460, FE-series, Cleveland series, and modular.
Heck, about half of those have been done by members here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.