Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on another forum that a 5 lug Maverick rear end will bolt "right in" my 1978 Mustang II. Does anyone know if this is correct? That would give me the 5 lug I want to change over to!!

J

·
0 Posts
That's what they say, I've never done it myself.

Just wanted to point out another (cheaper, easier) alternative -- adapters. I'm running a set I picked up on eBay which convert the 4-lug to the 5-lug modern pattern (5x114.3). They're almost 2" wide which makes them perfect to use the modern Mustang wheels (the offset / backspacing then works out almost perfectly).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What tire sizes are you running with the 17" rims? Do you have good turn clearance?

I am wanting to go with 16"x8" front and rear. Is that possible on front and rear?

J

·
0 Posts
My turning clearance needs work but this is because of the overall diameter of my tire (it's almost 2" bigger than the stock tire). I'm running P245-45-ZR17's on my rims. Rubbing a little on the rear part of the front fenders. I expected this though, if I change over to P215-40R17's I'll be likely to fit just right. The spacers will get your backspacing with an modern wheel roughly correct, the rest is going to be up to you (as it would be with a 5-lug conversion).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts