Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time posting. I recently bought a 1982 Foxbody Mustang GT with a rebuilt 1987 302 5.0 V8 engine with more mods than than stock engine. Here let me pull some of the infor off the craigslist post.

"I am selling my 1982 Mustang 4 eyed fox body. It has a built 5.0 v8 from an 87-93 Mustang and the 5 speed tranny. I was told the new engine only has about 20,000 miles on it. This baby is FAST and LOUD. The car doesn't have A/C. It has headers to an off-road h-pipe to 18" glass packs so this thing is loud. The body is straight but could use some paint. The rear tires are almost new.

Just did a tune up and had the timing and carb dialed in pretty well. It has aluminum heads, aggressive cam, Holley 4 barrel carb, high rise intake manifold, MSD ignition and upgraded distributer. I was told the crank and internals were all done with forged parts but cannot prove it. It is tuned for 91 Octane."

Anyways that's the background on it. Now to the questions:

The oil pressure gauge reads all the way to the top, past H at all times, even right at start up. However there are no problems. IT does kill on initial start-up in the morning and my buddy at work told me if i replace the "oil sensor" it won't kill anymore as he had the same problem with his truck and t stopped when he replaced that. Is this true? What part exactly do I need? Or is it just the gauge?

And that leads me to my next question, my gas gauge is only accurate between Full and 3/4 of a tank, how do I fix this as well? And as for replacing a part for this would I need a 1987 or a 1982 part?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am a proud new mustang owner as this is my first and i've already started restoring the interior. I wanna really make this car a beauty with everything working properly.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The oil pressure sending unit is just above and behind the oil filter. That may cause your high reading if faulty but doesn't have a thing to do with your choke problem. In the morning before starting and with ignition on depress the throttle to the floor twice and see if that problem persists.

You fuel gauge prob is most likely the sending unit in the tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much haha, i'll look into both.

and as far as the choke I think it might be a carb issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts