Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
ok i bought what was looked as an 1982 gt with t-tops. well i looked up the vin and it says it is a ghia with a four cylinder:happyhapp. as i hav been fixing it up i noticed that it has been converted to a manual besides. i was wondering if it was even a original t-top car or if some one cut them in too. does any one know if ghias came with t-tops??

the car had 302 with a five speed when i bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
The Ghia was only available as a notchback, never as a fastback even back with the mustang ii. It sounds like you might have a car that someone switched the VIN tags. Where did you check the VIN? Post it and I'll look it up. It could also be that the GT was listed as a Ghia by mistake in whatever book you saw it in. I'm not sure that the 4cyl. was standard equipment for a Ghia either. Usually the Grande and Ghia automatically had upgraded engines as part of the package.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can not find the site. 1fabp13adcf191943
but when i was looking 4 it i came across another that told me its a hatchback GLX with a 4 cyl. not a ghia lik i found earlyer. thaks for the info

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
According to your VIN, it's...

1FA - Ford Motor Company
B - active belts
P - passenger car
13 - hatchback, GLX
A - 140 CID (2.3 liter) 2 barrel SOHC 4 cylinder, 86 hp @ 4600 rpm
D - for internal use
C - 1982
F - Dearborn Michigan plant
191943 - consecutive unit number begins at 100001 at each factory, yours is # 91943

Going by the VIN, there was only 9926 made in the hatchback GLX and it cost $7101, $7725 fully loaded.
And since it was a 5 speed when you got it, it's most definitely been a project car, it's far from being original. 1982 still had a 4 speed from the factory and T Tops were available on either the coupe or hatchback, it was a $1021 option.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. they went through alot of work to leave it in such a unfinished condition.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The Ghia was only available as a notchback, never as a fastback even back with the mustang ii.
The Ghia option was available on both the coupe/notchback/sedan AND the hatchback from '79 through '81.

·
Registered
15 Posts
anyone got any more info on the ghia package. My parents had one when I was a kid and I would like to find out more about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.