Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of a major restoration of my1982 Mustang GT. I have the following questions that I would appreciate some help with.

1. I need to replace some broken spring clips on the door hinges. Ford dealer was only able to locate one at a dealer in Kansas. They were willing to sell me the entire hinge assembly. Where else, other than a wrecking yard, could I find these?

2. I'm replacing the driver side floor pan. The body panels have a thick layer of rubber-like insulation on the interior surfaces. Where can I get this material?

3. Window exterior trim pieces. Ford no longer lists these items. Supplier? Also, what is a good coating to produce a stock finish (black satin ?) and resistance to weathering?

4. Rear window louvers. Need a replacement aluminum louver that accommodates a rear window wiper. Hammond comes to mind. Are there other louver suppliers to check out?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited - The Source for Mustang Parts, Shelby Parts, Cougar Parts and Accessories also has a fair amount for the older fox cars. However, the 82 madel year is even harder to find stuff for than the 83. It's not going to be easy.
You may do well to look for alternative sources and find things that aren't really for that particular dar, but that you can fabricate to work. If you find a good metal shop and give them an idea of what you need they can probably make it. Other items can be found at industrial supply stores, etc.
Then of course there's always the junk yard. But again, good luck finding an 82 with good parts. A lot of the trim was specific to that year.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The 1982 model is hard to find parts for, but along with those two places, check out CJ Pony Parts and Year One, they carry a lot of restoration items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.