Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just beginning a restoration on my 1983 Mustang GLX T-Top. I have already picked up replacement T-Tops...just in case. Next on my list is swapping the front end. I would like to swap the 4-eyes with a 1990 GT front bumper, lights and fog lights. Is this possible/difficult? Will this require a new hood?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
It is a big pain in the ass and MOST people do not do the job "right", and end up selling their abomination is disgust. If you want an "aero" T-top Mustang, sell the '83 to someone who likes it the way it is and buy an 87 or '88 model.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I agree with FoxChassis. 83's need to stay 83's. There's plenty of later model t-top cars out there.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Maybe you could switch your 83 to an 85 or 86 front end. I do not know how much work is involved but they are still four eyed mustangs and I think they look better than the 83 front end. I do agree to leave a four eyed car a four eyed and that if you truly want an areo car then buy an 87-93 mustang instead. If you want to see some really good looking four eyed foxes to help you decide go to Foureyepride.com

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
You can do it, most don't swap everything they need to and that's probably why it doesn't turn out well.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It is a big pain in the ass and MOST people do not do the job "right", and end up selling their abomination is disgust. If you want an "aero" T-top Mustang, sell the '83 to someone who likes it the way it is and buy an 87 or '88 model.
Gotta argee with Fox on this one....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks everyone for responding. If swapping does not work very well, then that's all I needed to know. It's not that I don't like the 4 eyes...

This car is in awesome shape for 25 years...I wouldn't get rid if it for nothing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe you could switch your 83 to an 85 or 86 front end. I do not know how much work is involved but they are still four eyed mustangs and I think they look better than the 83 front end. I do agree to leave a four eyed car a four eyed and that if you truly want an areo car then buy an 87-93 mustang instead. If you want to see some really good looking four eyed foxes to help you decide go to Foureyepride.com
Thanks. I did check out that site. They are sweet! Being new to the game I just wanted some good advice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
AHHHH, another one saved:bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.