Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky to find a 1983 Mustang GLX Notchback with a 5.0 motor with just under 100K miles. It was in great condition and everything was original except for the normal things that get replaced. I bought it to use as a daily driver so I had the engine pulled, painted, valves adjusted, and all engine seals, gaskets and filters replaced. We replaced the freeze out plug, motor mounts, transmission mounts, transmission cross member (rusted), air pump (bearing), water pump (leaking), alternator (rebuilt), electric choke (replaced), heat tubes, timing chain, belt, steel brake lines, brake pads, tie rods, bushings, rack & pinion (leaking), hoses, battery, battery leads, and headliner. I replaced the fluids with synthetics were applicable.

The car runs great and I love it. Should I leave it as a daily driver or should I consider adding some power? If I added HP, what should I add and how? I would like to make a few passes all out but I don’t see myself going to the track to race. I’d like your opinions, comments and suggestions.

I had to learn how to drive manual to buy it and I’m still learning. What’s the best shift rpm for this car? It has an upshift light that doesn't light. I looked at a lot of things and I’m not sure if the upshift light was supposed to be functional on a 5.0. Thanks for your time and comments.

1983 Mustang GLX Notchback
5.0 4V HO V8
Borg Warner T5
4 bbl Holley Carburetor
P205/70HR14 Michelin tires
‘83 wheel covers
Factory Traction Bars
Chrome mirrors & rocker panels
NO A/C, Power windows or locks
Midnight Blue exterior
Academy Blue interior

Mods: Aluminized steel dual exhaust with chrome tips, K&N air filter

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :wavey
I am sure you will find the answers in the 5.0 section.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:wavey Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Welcome to what in my opinion is the best stang site going. Thanks for joining us.........Enjoy !!

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Thanks for joining the site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.