Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 83 5.0L with a single exhaust from the factory I'm converting to dual but I'm having some issues I have the double hump trans cross member and the hangers to hold up only the x pipe I'm putting on. I bought a cat back system from flowmaster that I got off a buddy of mine. On the left side it fits like a glove with the stock muffler and tailpipe hangers but the right side has no hangers at all for the muffler or tailpipe any suggestions on what to do beside fabricating hangers for the right side?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Common problem. Check out our website sponsor Late Model Restoration and get the hangars. Part number LRS-5263A for the right side, they're $9.95. I think you'll need two, one behind the muffler and one near the tailpipe tip.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do thanks for the help

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok took a look at it one problem I was having was how to get a drill in between the body the the rear of the car to drill holes to bolt the tail pipe hanger up any suggestions?

·
Registered
651 Posts
ok took a look at it one problem I was having was how to get a drill in between the body the the rear of the car to drill holes to bolt the tail pipe hanger up any suggestions?
You need to get something like a right angle drill used for putting holes in joists for wiring. Borrow one from a friend or maybe you can rent one from somewhere. There is always the old buy, use and return trick...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't even know they made those let alone know anybody who owns ones I'll check it out thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.