Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im gonna start by saying i like the site has helped me figure out some stuff when i was rebuilding my motor this winter. The problem i am having now is that when i first start the motor it pecks sounds like a valve train issue to me but i cant narrow it down. the block is late 1970's 302 and the heads are mid 1970's 351w. i had the machine shop that balanced the motor and redone the bottom end put a new cam in it so i dont know the specs on it it isnt nothing radical just a little bit over stock. i got a 6.806 push rod in it now i did have a 6.874 (some where in there) push rod but they were too long i didnt have any compression and it was missing bad at idel and reving it up so thats why i changed the push rods. if i have left any information out just let me know and glad to be a part of the forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply and that makes sense now that i think about it ill check it tomorrow and see what that does

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea thats what it was i got a gasket burnt up so ill have to get me a new set of exhaust gaskets to fix it thanks for the advice

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i figured out my prob after a new set of gaskets on the headers and tighetend the collecters up on the headers and all kinds of other stuff i went and changed the oil and as soon as the new oil hit the lifters the peck stoped Pennzoil aint worth any thing so it was bad oil and it only had 170 miles on it i will never buy pennsoil and put in any vehicle i ever own heck i wouldnt put it on a bicycle chain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.