Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am working on my second 4 banger to 5.0 conversion the first was an 86 hatchback now I'm working on my 84 coup but this time I have a 5.0 HO from what they said came out of a thunder bird so I have already put the drive train in and now I'm pretty much done swaping everything out I couldn't find a power steering pump bracket so I'm using one I got out of a cougar which seems to line up ok so far but my question is I know I will have to change out the crank shaft pulley but I was wondering would I still be able to use the dampener (i believe that's how it's spelled" and just buy an under drive pulley set for a mustang and put it on there will that work ok. Thanx

·
Registered
826 Posts
umm....i would just spend the 50 dollors on the proper balancer...a stock 5.0 balancer will be fine!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Just out of curiosity...what year Thunderbird was this engine from?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The year of the engine can affect how to get things working together, especially the balance.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea what year all I know is the place where I bought said it came out of a t-bird it's a 5.0 HO and the crank balancer looks the same it just has a shorter pulley bolted to it which can easily be swapped out I got one out a 80 something cougar today that's the same as the one in my 86 mustang but I believe it should work I guess I won't know until I try it. I'lllet you guys know what happens hell with this one I'm getting different engine parts off of different 5.0's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.