Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 1984 mustang glx. It's a 5.0 four bbl HO convertible five speed. Most of the wires under the hood are falling apart. The previous owner spliced part of it, where it connects to the harness coming out from the firewall.. I need to find a good harness for a good price. I can't afford the $370 one on ebay. If anybody knows where I can find one, new or used in good shape, it would be greatly appreciated. Or a place to get the stuff to build a new one, like all the connectors and stuff.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Start hunting for one at a junk yard. Although, you're still going to pay a mint for it.

Another option is to make your own. I can't remember the websites(Youll have to do some google research) but there are places out there that sell the connectors with a 4-6 IN pigtail for a few bucks a piece. I haven't found a singular site that sells everything I need yet(My car is EFI) so you may have to search a couple of different places.

You'll need a soldering gun, some shrink tubing, wire, and as much convoluted tubing as you plan on using to make it neat. Take your old harness out, mock up a new one with new wire, solder on the connectiors on, **LABEL EVERYTHING**, shrink tube it all, and keep whatever paper you use to record what color wire is what so if you ever need to make repairs 10-15 years down the road you aren't hunting for it, and voila you have a new harness..

·
Registered
4 Posts
im going through the same prob

It's a 1984 mustang glx. It's a 5.0 four bbl HO convertible five speed. Most of the wires under the hood are falling apart. The previous owner spliced part of it, where it connects to the harness coming out from the firewall.. I need to find a good harness for a good price. I can't afford the $370 one on ebay. If anybody knows where I can find one, new or used in good shape, it would be greatly appreciated. Or a place to get the stuff to build a new one, like all the connectors and stuff.
i got a 84 gt350 and it the same website are

Mustang Alternator Repair Harness (79-85) - LatemodelRestoration.com

1984 Ford Mustang Wire Harness Connector S698

1 - 3 of 3 Posts