Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I would really appreciate any information someone can give me on this car. My grandparents own it and are considering selling it. They seem to think it's worth quite a bit of money, and I'm doing my best to help research for them. I know very little about cars, but here is what I've been told about it:

1984 Ford Mustang Convertible GT
4 cyl fuel injected 289 turbo (My grandmother insists it is NOT a 350.)

I know it's a 20th anniversary collector's edition. I know they only made a total of 412 cars, but my grandmother claims they made even less of this particular model. She spoke to someone about 10 years ago regarding the value of the car, and he claimed the body alone was worth $20k. I know for a fact she'll just sit on it if I can't find any concrete info on the value. She's a pretty shrewd business lady. It's not in great shape, but it was in running condition the last we checked. The interior is trashed, and the exterior needs to be totally redone. This would for sure be a restoration project for a collector. Does anyone have any information for me or advice on how to get better information? I really, really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Going by what you say here about the car's condition, and without seeing it, I would say about $2,000.00 (if that).

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
The "350" is the package aka 20th Anniversary G.T.350. It is not the displacement of the engine. The displacement of the 4-cyl engine (turbo or non-turbo) is 140 cubic inches, not 289.

There were 104 of the turbo G.T.350 convertibles made.

The 412 figure is not correct for any turbo convertibles. In addition to the 104 turbo GT.350 convertibles made, there were 627 Turbo GT convertibles made, for a total of 731.

G.T.350 info can be found here: http://gt350mustang.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts