Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 5.0. I was looking at the 87 and up range but i came across this 84 that looks nice. But as you probably know its carburated and not fuel injected. Does anyone have any advice as far as buying an 84 goes?

1984 Mustang GT

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
WELCOME!!! Looks like a great start! Well, with buying a Mustang its really just like any car- look up a car inspection checklist off of like google, and take it when you look at the car- make sure there are no visible signs of impacts under the hood, around the radiator core support, inner fenders, or wrinkles in the floor pans, check for rust, look for paint over spray- but from the pics it looks really nice! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Seems like a soild survivor car, price may be a tad to high, but if it is really a light rust car (nothing beyond surface) and the undercarriage is clean, I can see paying that for it...........I know a bunch of people will say its worth 1500-2500, but like I said if its a soild survivor I would probably jump on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my response

As far as the price goes i told the guy id give him 3 grand for it, he said it was low but he'd take it. Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I hope you looked at it! it might not even be worth that, the more I look at the pic I'm not to sure about this one, the back looks awefully faded and he says one of the rust spots needs immed attention.........do your homework:smartass:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not what i meantt

I hypothetically oferred 3 grand. I havent even looked at it yet. I was just letting him know i didnt want to look at it if he wouldnt drop the price. but even for three you dont think it would be a good deal with only 71k miles? also does anyone have any opinions on the carburated engine as oppsed to the new fuel injected ones?

·
Registered
781 Posts
less parts to diagnose fuel issues with a carb, if your like me with general mechanical ability but by zero means a tech a carberated car could be for you, you wont have to worry about injector sizes thats for sure :bigthumbsup does it have the original holley ?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Wow that thing is clean inside. I'd say jump on it. The price seems good. Repaint that car back to its stock glory and you've got a trophy winner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is a really clean interior.. I say take a coupple of people with you to look at it (preferably a mustang owner) and if its good then snag it! Just remember that almost anything you buy off of Craigslist will need some sort of work.. Let us know what you decide to do :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
134 Posts
always remember it may only have 71k miles but its an 84. mileage vs. age. the interior is cleeaannn but then yet again its greyish. there a dime a dozen. if you want a project go for it..as for a dd i would either pass or low ball him for sure...good luck bro

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone. And i saw some more pictures on photobucket. if you click the pictures in the photo you can see more. the dashboard really does look horrible. but yeah appearance wise there are some issues. but i guess im going to low ball or pass. i was thinking 2700?

thanks guys

·
Registered
985 Posts
3 grand is way 2 much!
id say 1700 at the most!

·
Registered
134 Posts
to be straight up with you, let it pass and keep looking.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yeahh just let it pass go for a 87-93 mustang and if ur gunna go with a 4 eye get a 86 ! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks a lot

this is very helpful. I was going to offer like 2700. thanks a lot. very helpful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.