Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been a long couple of days. There's a Reno Divorce show on Thursday night. Those in the know would also know that Thursday (April 17, 2008) is ALSO the 44th birthday of the Mustang brand. As such, we decided to get the car ready to go to the Reno show.

Yesterday, we tried to bleed the brakes (which are completely new) and found that one of the metal lines had rotted out. Of course, nobody makes that so I had to buy about 10 feet of line, rent a bender, and make it myself. With that installed, we tried to bleed the brakes again today and the master cylinder took a crap! We replaced that and finally successfully bled the brakes.

Tonight, in a mad rush, we got the wheels/tires back on, put the clutch cable back on, filled it up with gas, and fired it up! There was quite a bit of smoke from the new headers, but NO leaks!

So, for the first time in over six years, the Mustang....MYstang...left the garage under it's own power! And Heather and I (with fire extinguisher in hand) drove it around the block. No pushing! No trailers! Just raw power! Nothing's broken in, mind you. So I didn't get on the throttle at all. The brakes still felt a bit soft so we've got some more bleeding to do. And the idle was WAY too high so I've got to adjust the carb a bit. But I drove it!

Here's the video of the first engine start a few months ago:
YouTube - The Mustang Lives!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sounds good, good luck...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Sounds good. Now the tuning begins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status