Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mustang owners and fans.
I'm going to be completely honest, I am new to mustangs and fords all together. This is my first restore on my own. I'm 22 years young and felt that it was time to do something worth doing. I am going either this Thursday or Sunday and buying my first Ford... its a 1984 Ford Mustang GT 350. It runs and drives with a 5 speed transmission. the price. $700. Its been sitting in a close family friends garage for about a year and a half now. The major flaw. Someone stole the t-tops. Other than that I'm pretty well clueless. I've spent the last I would say 6 hours gaining as much general knowledge of the 1984 mustang as possible. Anyways. Great site and I hope to be updating info on everything as much as possible.

All help, hints, tips, and anything you can think of that might steer me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again

Elkins

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome! If you ever have any questions, swing on over to the 5.0 section and give us a buzz. Tons of knowledge over here.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quick question. Any ideas where to get t tops at for a decent price.? eBay guys want like 3/400 bucks..

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! I don't know the answer on the tops but there will be tons of great info in the 5.0 sections as mentioned above. You put a "want" ad in our classified sections (for free here) and see if you turn anything up. Good luck with the resto and above all... have fun.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
575 Posts
you can try craigslist if you haven't already. you can also check out other forums classifieds sections, but dont join because AFM is the best! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stand corrected . I called the guy back the mustang isn't a gt350 but it does have a 1964 289 in it out of another mustang. Not rare like I had hoped an kind of expected but still pretty excited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts