Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my car is idleing very high latley... only does it if im gettign off the freeway and have the clutch in... or if i sit at a light for a little while... it slowly comes up and stays around 2500-3000 rpm... so i shut the car up real fast and restart it and its fine... any ideas? i was thinking maybe egr was bad? i checked for vaccum leaks and just put a new gasket on the iac and the egr...

·
Registered
91 Posts
It sounds like it could be the Iac motor itself or a vaccum leak of some kind...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Once the car is warmed up, unplug the IAC and drive it around and see if it does it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was the egr valve... i could spray carb cleaner around it and it would run fine... dodnt wanna spend 120 bucks on a new egr so i went to the junkyard and couldnt find one... so i found the whole intake setup off a 86 t-bird... took all the stuff off that and gonna put it in my next day off... do i need anything special for this instail?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Try just changing the EGR gasket first.

Next, the square-style intake has an additional bolt hole on the bottom intake that the inline-style does not. If you use a good criss-cross torquing pattern when tightening the bolts you can get away without drilling and tapping the head for the new bolthole.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i already changed it but it was from the main part of the egr valve which it was leaking... ok so for the criss cross start in the middle side to side?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
well if you got everything from the Tbird, then you should have gotten the EGR?

Center-out works

BTW, the square-style intake's EGR tube is different. You can get one from Forced4

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i got everything even the egr tube to the header... throttle body, iac, all the sensors on the intake... i got it all for 75 bucks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.