Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Lx with a 1985 svo swap in it.
Im looking to upgrade my manifold.I was going to just replace it with a new tublular style one from ebay that retains stock turbo location. However I recently ordered a new turbo setup an it isnt internally gated. So I will need an external wastegate. I noticed on the Stinger center mount manifold that it has a flange for a wastegate. Now is this my only option? Or can u add the flange to the other style manifold? Im new to turbo setups an stuff:confused: so any help with be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
I don't have much experience in this area. I have read of some of the e-bay tubular mounts breaking. You may want to add a brace from block to turbo. Just in case. I assume you could weld in a external wastegate. PS. Seem like 89 was a popular year to turbo. There is alot of us that year. Welcome to the forum. Maurice

·
Registered
283 Posts
i had a bad experience with the ebay ones on my buddies car specifically the 2.3 turbo manifolds holes not lining up and such stingers is more expensive but well worth the extra money and his has a warranty too

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I bought mine off Ebay the seller said it will break eventually near the collection plate and the EGR tube. He drew a circle around where it will crack and wanted me to be sure that I knew that, lol... It's an equal legnth manifold in the stock location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.