Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm looking at buying a 1985 Mustang GT. The body condition is great and it has about 138k miles on it. 5 speed 302 pretty much stock with cobra r rims. There is no rust on it and it came from down south. Doesn't have t-tops. Not completely perfect couple dings here and there inside and out nothing too major. What would be the value of this car? Thanks

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Is this in Ohio?? Just saw one like that....

I wouldn't go over $3500 though...it is a 30yr old car.

"Ready to do nothing at a moments notice."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not in Ohio but actually the price to take it away is 3500 I mean it needs a little tlc and a tune up but it's hard to find clean ones here in michigan. So your suggesting going for it then?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Check it out....if there's no rust or other damage then offer him $2800 and go from there. I would say in very good shape no more than $3500. Its hard to say as I can't see it....but in the end its worth what you are willing to pay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The owner is keen on 3500 it comes with some other parts as well... and I'm prolly going to go ahead and go for it because idk about you guys but endless searches on Craigslist are getting to me. I've also heard that these cars are gaining popularity?

·
Registered
313 Posts
foxbody mustang is a top investment car under $5,000. with these cars..you can usually find something wrong with them to get the price lower....check for oil leaks..look under the seats and make sure there is no mud or leaves..to make sure it hasnt been under water...:nono:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Good luck...let us know how it goes. I may get another Fox one of these days...wouldn't mind a four eyed GT. Will see. Might get a vert...dunno.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a near mint condition 85 GT, auto, with t-tops, black with red interior, 85K orig miles, prob in last 10 years less than 5000 put on it-it sits in my garage and i start it every few weeks and take it around the block every now and again. I believe orig CA car, im in AZ. I may entertain offers if interested. thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts