Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to adjust my TV rod that goes from the driver side of the TBI assembly to the AOD transmission. Is there a write up with pictures somewhere on how to properly do this? When I looked in my Haynes manual all it said was only certified technicians with special pressure testing tools at a service department or shop can adjust the TV rod on 1986 and older vehicles and I have looked all over Youtube and can find videos everywhere on how to adjust a TV cable but none on how to adjust a TV rod. This is the last issue I have with this car before I can drive it again and I was told if the TV rod is not adjusted properly I will burn up the transmission within a few miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok thanks 90lxwhite for your help. I think I did finally find the proper procedure to adjust the TV rod but it calls for some kind of adjustment block part number D84P-70332-A. Does anyone know where I can get this block? It did say I could fabricate one and it even gave me the drill bit shanks that would work too but I would rather have the actual tool if I could get my hands on it since I plan on keeping this car forever and I plan on doing some serious performance modifications later on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts