Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

You have a great website here with loads and loads of great info. I am currently in the market for a stock 1985 GT Convertible White 5spd. What are the best placing looking for this baby?

So far, I've been looking on ebay for about 5 or 6 months and it seems the price for a stock clean (under 50k on the miles) 1985 should be around $6,000. Does this sound right?

One more question regarding the 1985 GT Convertible: Did any of these white cars come stock with a black rag top or did they all come with a white top? (I think the black top looks much better.)

Thanks for the advice,
Rob:eyepoppin

·
Registered
20 Posts
You'll probably have better luck in a trader magazine. $6K for a clean low mileage 85 sounds about right. If it's CLEAN.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darren,

Thanks for the info: Can you reccommend any particular trade mag?

What about the black GT top on a white car - do you think that is stock?

Rob

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Black
Dark Blue
White

Those were factory (Cars and Concepts installed, not Ford) top colors.

The original top's color will be printed on the Vehicle Certification Label ("door sticker") under VR and stamped to the Body ("buck") Tag on the second or third line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FoxChassis,

Thanks for the info:eyepoppin

So now, I'm looking for an 85 gt 5spd Convertible with a black top with under 50k.

Any out there???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Search autotrader.com or if not just but a Autotrader Magazine there good i got my vert for 400 bux CLEAN 78k miles and its and 89 everything is good on it should have some pics coming soon. :smoke:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.