Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, in 5th gear when I'm cruising at 2000 rpm can you give me a base at what my MPH would be, I'm assuming it has 2:73 gear ratio, thanks

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Just a stab at it... with 2:73's in 5th and stock height tires, it'd be around 70-75 mph.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My 3.08s with nearly stock tire height in 5th at 2k rpms give me 75 mph. I would guess you would be closer to 80 because of the lower gearing. You can figure out your gearing by jacking the rear of the tire off the ground and rotating your tires around one revolution and count the number of revolutions the drive shaft makes, this is your gear ratio.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can figure out your gearing by jacking the rear of the tire off the ground and rotating your tires around one revolution and count the number of revolutions the drive shaft makes, this is your gear ratio.
Good idea but telling the difference between 2.73 and 3.08's like that would be real tricky, hey I'm in Middlebury work in watertown, where you at?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Good idea but telling the difference between 2.73 and 3.08's like that would be real tricky, hey I'm in Middlebury work in watertown, where you at?
I'm in Roxbury and work in Middletown, good to know theres some other stangers around:bigthumbsup

Another method would be to look at the axle code, one of the stickies at the top of the tech forum explains it all.

·
Registered
956 Posts
it shouldn't be to tricky, rotate the tire once and see how much the driveshaft rotates, its going to rotate just over 3 times or about 2 and 3/4 times, you should be able to tell the difference just fine, take some chalk and mark the bottom part of the drive shaft and lowest part of the tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.