1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
They look really good, I'm not sure if the quality is good though. Maybe someone has tried them.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M

·
0 Posts
Actually those would look pretty good I bet.I was almost afraid to take a peek.:shigrin

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Why is it that you want to change/convert from the sealed-beam headlamps to the "Euro" headlamps?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why is it that you want to change/convert from the sealed-beam headlamps to the "Euro" headlamps?
Not sure of his reasons but one of the biggest reasons I've seen is the ability to use high output bulbs. They make a couple of sealed beam models but the real nice Hella's are only available for composite lenses.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Not sure of his reasons but one of the biggest reasons I've seen is the ability to use high output bulbs. They make a couple of sealed beam models but the real nice Hella's are only available for composite lenses.
To use 'high output' bulbs you also must upgrade the headlamp wiring circuit. The wiring that is there now is not large enough to handle the current, and the headlamp and multi-function switches are not rated for that kind of draw.

Considering the age of the headlamp wiring circuit of the car(s) in question, it is woefully inadequate for even 'stock output' bulbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.