Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I just bought a 1985 Mustang LX notchback with a 3.8L CFI V-6 and an automatic trans. This is going to be a daily driver for my girlfriend so she wont have to make payments anymore. Got it from the Salvation Army for $1600. The interior looks brand new, everything matches, and it runs great, drove it 50 miles home on the freeway.

One problem I have is the stock radio works, but even with the volume selector at its lowest posible setting, it is so loud that the car is literally shaking. It has no aftermorket parts for that that I can see, so I am wondering if the finals blew?

I was also wondering if there were any common promblems with these engines? Any easy way to bump up the horsepower a litte?

Also wondering where I could pick up a center console/armrest for this car. New or aftermarket, I don't really car, just as long as it fits and preferably has cup-holders.

=K=

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well,
I just bought a 1985 Mustang LX notchback with a 3.8L CFI V-6 and an automatic trans. This is going to be a daily driver for my girlfriend so she wont have to make payments anymore. Got it from the Salvation Army for $1600. The interior looks brand new, everything matches, and it runs great, drove it 50 miles home on the freeway.

One problem I have is the stock radio works, but even with the volume selector at its lowest posible setting, it is so loud that the car is literally shaking. It has no aftermorket parts for that that I can see, so I am wondering if the finals blew?

I was also wondering if there were any common promblems with these engines? Any easy way to bump up the horsepower a litte?

Also wondering where I could pick up a center console/armrest for this car. New or aftermarket, I don't really car, just as long as it fits and preferably has cup-holders.

=K=
Nice find =)

console check AM.com they have some interior parts they may all be fox parts tho.

as for the engine idk, i know your tranny is a link tranny so it may not take well to abuse (i could be wrong there tho)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.