Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here, and new to mustangs, this is my first! I bought a 1985 Mustang hatchback, it has a 5spd and a V-8. But this V-8 is my question. The previous owner claimed it was a VanSenus built 1995 Mustang Cobra motor. It has valve covers that say Cobra on them, I have found these to in fact be 1994-1995 Cobra Valve covers.

Where would I look for a part number or VIN or something to find out exactly what this motor is?
Would VanSenus have kept a record of the work they did?
and could they release that to me?

Also The carb is supposedly a "750 Holley" but I think it needs a little attention, if anyone near North West Indiana (Hammond) knows anything about carbs I could use the help. I have rebuilt my motorcycle carbs before, but this seems different as well as I don't think it needs rebuilt, but tuning, and I would also appreciate the help learning how to tune it myself!

Thank you in advance for the help. If this post is in the wrong place, I am sorry, I figure it is for sure a fox body, so I went with that, rather than a possible SVT.

well heres a couple of pics

·
Registered
5 Posts
About the Rebuilding the carb, just try to adjust it. Cuz i put a rebuild kit in mine and i really dont think they are worth throwing out the window. All the mechanics ive talked to say that the rebuild kits dont work so just try to tune it and if not you may be able to pick up a carb at a swap meet cheap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts