Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a popping noise in my 1986 5.0 LX when I turn the wheel when i am moving forward at about 2 mph or when i am rolling in reverse. It only happens once when i start the car after it has been sitting for a while. The noise sounds like it is coming from the front passengers side. I had new tires put on it last november. I also had the ball joints replaced, the car aligned, the sway bar link bushings replaced, and new shocks and struts installed all last year. But i did not have any problems since then. i cant seem to figure out the problem. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone told me to grease all of the fittings in the front end first and then check the ball joints and the tie rod bushings for wear. What else could that popping noise be coming from? Need help. Please!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I greased all of the fittings in the front end. I also checked the ball joints and tie rod ends for wear and all of them seem to fine. What could be the result of this popping noise in the front end when i turn the wheel? Need help. Please.:frustrated:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.