Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys recently got a 86 5.0 tht i wanna have runnin 11's by May next year for high school drags. Its a Quick time considering my local track is at 5800 ft. I want to do a turbo build but my dad said certain bolts ons will be worthless down the road if a turbo build is wht i wanna do. So what can you say bout this and also good parts to help me reach my goal?!? Thx a lot!

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
better question: How much money do you have to spend on this?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Sorry kid your going to have to be more specific. Cause if you want I can tell you what to buy and be done with it as there is a guy selling blocks for $1300 and that is a good base to start a build :laugh::laugh: (J/K)

But for real we need to know a bit more cause to run 11's your going to need some more power $$$, suspension work $$, drivetrain $$ and some tires $.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Get the most recent issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. It has an article on how to build a Turbo for under $2K. If I remember correctly all they did was replace the head bolts for ARP studs and use Felpro gaskets and it made twice the horsepower at around 15lbs of boost. That was the MAX that they would go because, like said the stock block could not handle it.
Pretty informative though with links for the parts to.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx Tig ill get that! Smurf= Suspension is already gonna be Eibach drag kit, and i might do a grip box kit on it, D/R will be on it as well, i got everything determined but my motor. I know ill prob wanna build my bottom and top end eventually. Money is not an issue so whatever ideas you guys got can come out:bigthumbsup. Opinion on turbo vs charger may change my mind too, i just know that turbo is a bit nicer to the motor.?.:?:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres a few things ill be doin 1st off. 3:55 gears, wet nitrous injection, 70mm throttle body, headers, full exhaust and h- pipe, Eibach drag launch springs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No problem:bigthumbsup
If you're planning on doing a complete exhaust then go SCer. No need to drop the $$$$ on something that will have to be changed in the future, if you were planning on building a Turbo. If money is no object, check out Helion. They can make you a kit that could support 1K HP.
Good Luck, keep us updated on your progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts