Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1986 GT, im about to buy the eibach lowering springs for that taunting mustang look
theyre reasonably priced, now when i get them on..im hearing that i need camber and caster plates for alignment..
but those are reaaallly expensive for my application
what do those plates do exactly?
thanks

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
From everything I've ever read unless you're lowering it more than an 1-1/2" you shouldn't need aftermarket C/C Plates.

The after market C/C plates give you more adjustability.

An alignment sure wouldn't hurt anything, but if you don't have the money just keep an eye on the tires until you have the money to get it aligned.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The guy I bought my Eibach pro kit springs off didn't use c/c plates, I picked up a set for myself along with a bump-steer kit just to be sure

Attachments

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
You can install the springs without CC plates and a bumpsteer kit, you can even attempt to have it aligned... But it will probably wear tires a little funny and it definitely drive like crap.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
303 Posts
I used to pro kit on my 95, I did not need the c/c plates, my caster and camber was still with spec, Toe was out a bit, drives fine. Have your alignment checked as soon as you can.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I used to pro kit on my 95, I did not need the c/c plates, my caster and camber was still with spec, Toe was out a bit, drives fine. Have your alignment checked as soon as you can.
Was the Caster and Camber within "stock" specs? When you lower, you need different caster/camber values. The C/C plates you use should give you new alignment specs to go by. I have Hotchkis plates and they came with everything. I also installed a Steeda "Bumpsteer" kit. The tires are wearing perfectly. They are actually about 14 years old and by looking at them you'd never know. I originally installed Eibach's "Pro-kit" springs and the car rode like $h-t. I then did the FRPP "C" springs and never looked back.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys..
still getting mixed ideas, my friend who has a a lowered 05GT has the c/c plates and bumpsteer and said its soo much better
soo..im probably looking at buying those too now

·
Registered
511 Posts
Don't cheap-out like a lot of people do. Caster/camber plates are a great addition to any 'stang. Most people think that they're only used to get rid of negative camber(tires leaning in at the top), but that's not all. Anytime you change the geometry of the stock suspension and improve handling, the plates help maximize a "performance" alignment. An additional 4* of caster on a foxbody car is a good thing. Better tire wear, more adjustability, adds travel to struts after lowering, plus they look great when you open the hood, LoL. :yelpleased:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks alot!
i ended up buying the bbk c/c plates today to go with the springs!!
should look amamamazing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.