Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have a 1986 mustang 5.0 5 speed, its a 347 stroker with gt40p heads, holley systemax intake, a radical cam, roller rockers and more. It has the wrong computer and no mass air sensor and im looking for the right ones to get. i was told to get an origional computer and send it in to get tuned for my engine, or to get an aftermarket one like the minisquirt. Is their any affordable aftermarket ones? which one should i go with? Thanks

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
What computer does it have now?

No maf....well how is this motor running?

Your computer can not be "tuned" for a combo per se but a chip which can be burned for a specific combo and piggy backed onto your ecu.

You could get a stand alone kit like a Quarterhorse, Mega squirt, Pro M makes one now and a few other guys out there but you better know a little bit about tuning and your motor before you even go down that road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have two computers for it, da1 speed density, and 8ld mass air, it does run with the 8ld without a mass air sensor but not very well, and it runs a little better with the da1, but it is origionaly a speed density car and has been converted to mass air. im pretty new to the EFI thing becouse im usually working on carbed engines, but i can just learn as i go, its just figuring out the computer program and what to do on it right? id rather have more tunability so i can really get the most out of my engine.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Are you sure it is a 347 with GT40 heads?

That 8LD I think is from a Cali car. I hope they used the right harness also.

Is this a stick or auto car?

What injectors?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
That combo doesnt require a fancy chip/tune..a mass air setup and stock computer will handle it just fine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts