Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've noticed alot of white smoke coming out of my exhaust more than usual mostly the driver's side exhaust pipe now a buddy of mine said she smells like she running a lil bit rich but not really bad not to mention the the air here has been really moist . What exactly does the white smoke mean.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
usually white smoke means your burning coolant. which usually is a head gasket. is your oil a milkey white color? are you losing any coolant?

a general rule is white smoke=coolant, black=running rick, blue=oil burning. but those arent always right. your going to have to inspect it further.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yup, white smoke is actually steam from water/coolant being burned off. Do a compression check on the engine and see what numbers you get.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just changed my oil like 20 minutes ago and the oil was black as usual I've noticed a very slow drip of coolant while I was changing it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would replace those head gaskets ASAP If your having coolant drip out of your oil and white smoke out of the exhaust. You have either a head gasket gone or intake gasket. If I were you I would not drive the car or run it untill the problem is solved Coolant and bearings do not mix at all

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep it's definitly steam mostly coming out the drivers side exhaust pipe the pipe was actually dripping clear water and I put my hand behind the pipe while it was idling and my hand got wet but then it stops after I drive it for awhile . So I'm thinking it's just due to the foggy and rainy weather we've been having here for the past couple days.Because a buddy of mine says you'd know if you blew a head gasket it would be very visual.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That's right, it wouldn't go away if it was a head gasket. Hope it's condensation in the pipes that's burning off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.