Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:

Im not sure but would i be able to get a 1986 5.0 GT with a T5, and do a complete AOD to T5 swap. Like would i be able to do the swap as if i was getting everything out of a 89 5.0 Mustang? Is the transmission in the 86 GT the same as the 87-93 T5's??? Is there ANYTHING that would be different like, transmission harness? Or pedal assyemblies?

R

·
0 Posts
Hey guys:

Im not sure but would i be able to get a 1986 5.0 GT with a T5, and do a complete AOD to T5 swap. Like would i be able to do the swap as if i was getting everything out of a 89 5.0 Mustang? Is the transmission in the 86 GT the same as the 87-93 T5's??? Is there ANYTHING that would be different like, transmission harness? Or pedal assyemblies?
it is your lucky day we have all the answer to all the question in one convenient place......good luck with the swap

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/135059-aod-to-t5-swap-procedure.html

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
That thread should help, and as far as I know the 86 trans should go into the 89.

·
Registered
459 Posts
the 86 tranny is the same one thats in all the 86-89 cars, the 90-93 cars had one that was a little different but it still works in the earlier years they were just built stronger with better materials

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.