Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just started my 5 lug conversion and ran into a problem with the front dust cap hitting the center caps off so i added the spacer and they still hit . my wheels are bullets and i know that there has to be a way to fix it so let me know. also i want to now if u can use the sn95 axles on the 86 diff if so what drums do i use thanks

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The only way to fit the wheels on the front is to use a thicker spacer, run without the center caps, or maybe not run the dust caps. That's the drawback to the cheap 5-lug conversions. Only way to make it work "right" is to do the SN95 conversion on the front.

As far as the axles go, no, the SN95 axles are too long to use with the drums. You'll need to use the Ranger/Aerostar axles that are the same length as the stock mustang axles. You can also use the Ranger/Aerostar drums, but make sure they are the 9" drums and not the 10" drums.

You'll need two drivers-side axles from a '83-92 Ranger (4-cyl or 3.0L V6 w/ 7.5" axle) or two passenger-side axles from a '86-97 Aerostar. Drums from either of these vehicles will work.

Or do something like this: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-1126K

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I used a pair of '95 spindles. I swapped my stock 7.5" rear out for a 8.8" from a '98 GT. Brakes are '94-04 Cobra setup.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Your struts will work. Brake hoses will have to be changed to work with the new calipers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.