Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my fuel pump in my 86 5.0. I was looking at different pumps and the flow choices range from 90 LPH to about 260 LPH. My stang is a completely stock ex-CHP and i dont plan on any mods. What would be the best pump for my set up? Does anyone know what the LPH is for the stock fuel pump? Thanks.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Call napa or a store like that they'll be able to tell ya what size you need for a stock pump. Depending how well you are you could install a inline fule pump. It would be a lot easyer to do instead of dropping the fule tank and sucking out the gas! And it's alot less in time.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The stocker is 88 lph, and you could go with either the 110 lph from Ford, or a 155 lph. The stock 88 lph pump is marginal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would i have a little better throttle response if i get a 110LPH or 155LPH fuel pump and an adjustable pressure regulator or would i not really notice a difference. I have stock injectors if that make a difference.

R

·
0 Posts
you may get a little better response on accelaration.....

unless you are planning mods in the future or your are having problems with the one you have a adjustable regulator on a stock motor really isn't needed......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.