Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there I m a newbee I installed a new computer in my 1986 gt convetrible now every sensor is clicking like morse code the new fuel pump stopped working I relaced the fuel pump relay and that made no difference has anyone heard of this please help before I slam my head in the door thx

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
What computer was installed?

For what its worth, I can't think of any of the sensors on these engines that function in a way that they could make a clicking sound. Solenoids,injectors and relays yes, sensors no.

·
Registered
80 Posts
is the new computer a speed density computer like the one that should have been in your 86?

If you put a mass air computer in you would need a mass airflow sensor and a whole bunch of wiring pins moved around in the connector as well as a mass air harness connected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
correct on sensors all or most electromagnets computer relay itself stays on the ignion control module buzzes the new computer is a cardone pn 78-4298 thx for your response

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
correct on sensors all or most electromagnets computer relay itself stays on the ignion control module buzzes the new computer is a cardone pn 78-4298 thx for your responses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.