Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help with this would be appreciated. The passenger side power window stopped working, it wont go up or down. I checked via test light, that I have power going into the switch. I have power coming out of the switch at that plug. I put power from the battery to the power window motor plug and was able to get the motor to raise and lower the window. I plugged the switch back into the motor and was able to get the motor to raise the window but not lower it. any opinions as to whether it would be the motor or the switch ?

Thanks......

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an 86 that had the plastic gear wear out inside the motor housing. Mine was intermittent going up. May or may not be your problem as it seems to go up. WAG says your problem is the same. Pulling the motor is no easy task, If you can get to the rivet with a small grinder it is easier than trying to drill it out. The plastic gear is available much cheaper than a new motor. Either way motor has to come out. Be sure to grease everything.

·
Registered
176 Posts
your regulator might be shot an easy way to tell if is there is a wire all wrapped around in your motor, or hanging around in you door. if so a new regulator is about a 100 t0 150 bucks but is a simple swap and can be done in twenty minutes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts