Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a new rear end assembly in my 1986 5.0 and the quad shocks are about an inch too long to be on there with suspension loaded. has anyone ran into or heard of this or know where i can get some shorter dampers. it came stock with an 8.8 and i had a 7.5 under it at one point and the dampers fit that one fine. but this rear end dosent let the damper line up like it should. the new rear end is an 8.8 also. rear end is out of a later model mustang and has disc brakes and is roughly one and a half inches wider. i would appreciate some help if you can.

·
Super Moderator
39,948 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!! Check out the 5.0 tech sections.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Sounds like it has a 94 and up rear, but the quads should still work on it. Is the problem in putting them on? Once they're compressed and bolted on, they'll be alright.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they go on with no load on the rear end then they hold the whole back of the car up and the suspension has no give unless you hit a big bump and then the tubes on the rear end are sittin about 2-3 inches from the bumpers under the car. but when you go to jack it up put a lil bit of pressure on it and the car just raises straight up. their just gettin in a bind and wont let the suspension move

1 - 5 of 5 Posts