Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post,need help.Installed new clutch set,pilot bearing and surfaced flywheel.pedal feels nice(proper freeplay,and release from firewall) but grinds badly when putting into reverse and hard to get into other gears. Appreciate any thoughts,thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like it is a little tight on the adjustment. Are you using the dog bone or a bolt and nuts? Also, reverse does not have a syncro so hit 4th or 5th and then reverse. I might be wrong and I am sure I will hear about it if I am.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is not disengaging. I wonder if the cable is stretching? Might want to have someone watch the clutch fork under the car when the clutch pedal is pressed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled transmission back out,replaced all clutch components with different brand,works awesome now. Thanks for all your help and inputs. Daron

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
What was it like before the new clutch? You may have transmission problems like bent forks or bad syncros.
Just as a note, a T5 will never have a bent fork. The are either fine or just flat-out break.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.