Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '83 convertible is a daily driver, and when it rains hear in northern California, it pours. I usually get some considerable leakage through my driver and passenger doors when the car is parked overnight. The leakage comes through where the outside mirrors meet the pillars. The weatherstripping looks okay. Anyways, I'm under the impression that a set of doors from an 87 - 93 convertible will bolt onto an '83. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are they not the same size? I know that the trim pieces on the 87 -93 doors are different than the trim pieces from an '83 but the pieces just bolt onto the door, so I'm thinking if I got some doors, I could just take the old black trim off of the doors I have now and put them on the new doors? Also, how difficult would it be to rewire the power lock switch and the power window switches and wire in the power mirrors from the newer doors? There's a multitude of why I want to change the doors... I think the way the mirrors are positioned looks better, and I like the door panels on the 87 -93 doors better. So what do you guys think? If I can find a set, is it worth it? Has anybody done this before? Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts