Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car: 1987 mustang GT T-top 5.0 speed density
the issue : one day it just started doing this. it fired right up just like usual except the starter did not pull itself out of the flywheel immediatly. so for 3-4 seconds you hear the starter gringing in the flywheel and then it CLICK pops the bendix back in. i assumed old starter no big deal. so i upgraded and put in a 1995 mustang mini starter New and had the flywheel looked at by a mechanic buddy of mine. it didnt fix it so i put in a new selenoid on the fire wall. didnt fix it so i put in a new ignition under the steering column..didnt fix it. tried another selenoid i had laying around.. did the same thing. near as we can tell using a test light the ignition is pullnig out the 12 voilt signal soon as it is supose to at the selenoid, but the other side that goes to the starter is not, it goes bright when the key is turned then it stays dim but doesnt go off once its grinding and right when the bendix pops back in it flashes bright again then goes off.. so any ideas? way to bypass? what to change? what to test? anything.. i been googlings and going through forums out the wahzoo with No Luck. i been messing with it for weeks and even the mechanics i have asked have been lost. help!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
We've had a few lately who've had that same exact problem, I'll see if I can find the answers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ugh

yea that would be wonderful.. this car is my baby it was my older brothers i wanted it SOOOOO bad as a kid. ive had it a couple years now and this has got me stumped. any ideas at all are welcome i will try damn near anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.