Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
87 Mustang GT carbed Holley Blue electric pump

Video pretty much says it all. When the pressure goes from the preset 6.5psi down to 2 or 3, Im met with near silence from the pump. (and holley blue pumps are loud normally) Then it bumps back up to 6, pump makes normal sound, then back down to 2 or 3, near silence again. New fuel filter too

any ideas?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I always had problems with holley pumps, same problem as you have. The seem to get "hot" and the pressure drops. Ehere is your pump located. Try to keep it away from hot exhaust gas, if all else fails do like I did get a Comp 250 pump...make sure to hook up the return line. That is the problem most of the time the pump dead heads and gets hot and pressure goes down

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always had problems with holley pumps, same problem as you have. The seem to get "hot" and the pressure drops. Ehere is your pump located. Try to keep it away from hot exhaust gas, if all else fails do like I did get a Comp 250 pump...make sure to hook up the return line. That is the problem most of the time the pump dead heads and gets hot and pressure goes down
mine is mounted where the factory fuel filter was, but it did it when I had the pump mounted low in the back of the car too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.