Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k my car was a speed density,and the owner before convert to mass air,"BUT" did not have thermactor pump EEC hook up so i did it 51 to 38,-and-11 to 32. Start the car up, RPM at 2000, and red header in 4 min's of run. My MAF wiring to EEC connector are, -A 37 power,-B 40 ground,-C 9 signal return,-D 50 signal, header red. Now i put -D to 9,and -C to 50 start car, RPM is 900, no red header, i was thinking o.k this is good,"but" now i got code 66 air flow (maf/laf signal low -ckt gnd car was off on test, and test car running 66 no maf sensor signal ? I was thinking of putting -C to 40 ground, and see what would happen ? has any one did the coversion?and if i need a new EEC computer should i go with A9P?

·
Registered
561 Posts
i believe the mass air conversion requires a new computer unless you know how to properly rewire yours and if he did not then you may have a computer issue from it but its just a thought i cant be sure

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Put the MAF wires back correctly. Check the Ignition Timing and make sure its correct. Then check for vacuum leaks as that will cause high idle and red headers....... Check fuel pressure.

Then run the codes from the computer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the MAF wires back correctly, car still run high rpm and red headers, so my friend with he tune eec, put his eec in my car and turn out it run good! put my old one back in, run o.k not great, like his but i can live with it, till i get it tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts