Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys here is my problem i have my battery relocated in the trunk and i have a 3g alternator on it. i know everything is wired up correctly but i only get 13.4 volts to the battery. but if i start the car and remove the battery cables it will jump right up to 14.5 volts. do you think it could be a bad connection at the other end of the power wire where it meets the starter relay, cause i know my grouind is good any help please.

·
Registered
256 Posts
First I would take the alternator off and take it to advanced auto or autozone and have them test under a load to find exactly where the alternator stands, could be just going bad like mine was, make sure your ground is solid and if need be adding a few more grounds would never hurt. Still not making a difference try a thicker oxygen free wire like used in a massive stereo setup, this should carry the volts a longer distance helping you out. I ended up replacing my 1 wire 140amp powermaster for a new one. Good Luck:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i know my alternator is good just had it check and i have two grounds on the back of the heads and i added another one from the block to the sway bar bracket with some battery wire 2gage.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Then check the cables themselves, one might have an internal break.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.